Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Upended

I've been home for a couple weeks now and I am STILL struggling to get back into our routine. Still struggling with food, working out, cleaning, and especially with making time to get online. I feel like I am getting there, but it will probably be better once I have the kids back in school. My oldest three begin school Wednesday, and then next Wednesday, my 4 y/o begins pre-K. So that's probably when life will begin to truly return to normal!

Today I still have to load the kid's backpacks up with their school supplies and let them plan their outfits for the first day of school. Then this coming weekend we will be celebrating my son Joey's 7th birthday! I have a bridal shower and bachelorette party to throw n the next couple weeks, and a 5k to run, and a wedding to attend/be a member of the bridal party. So LOTS going on in the next month...but after that?? Smooth sailing as I train for my first half-marathon in early December! Crazy to think how close it is already!

How do you get back into a routine after a long vacation?

4 comments:

  1. Back to school. I feel like I need the routine of school to get back into doing a lot of staff. Summer has been fun, but ready to start a "normal" life. Congrats to your boy for his bday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord do I feel you! I'm still trying to figure it all out. I can't sleep. I feel like I'm trying to catch up but I just can't seem to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oldest two kids have been in school for four days now, and I feel like my brain has gotten even foggier! I get your distress, for real

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some trouble getting back into the swing of things when I've done something UNordinary for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete