Monday, January 21, 2013

Hanging on for dear life!


So this past week has been quite a challenge. Last Saturday my 4 year old, Johnny, got sick. Puking every hour for the entire day. And then for days afterward. He was literally sick for days and days on end. Anytime a stomach bug enters the house, it seldom leaves without first striking the majority of us down. So of course each day someone else became ill. By Tuesday night it had found me, but I didn't even realize it yet. I just felt incredibly tired and fell asleep at 8 pm! Wednesday was terrible. I pretty much lay curled in a ball all day while my lovely husband took care of the kids. By Friday of this week we were finally all feeling better. Out of the seven of us, only two (my husband and 6 year old) never got sick. So fingers crossed they don't get sick now that I said that! So my running every day in January goal? Ruined.

However, I have not fallen off the bandwagon. If anything I am hanging on for dear life. I refuse to let this derail my plans. I started working out again as soon as I felt able and I have slowly gotten back to getting good, sweat inducing workouts in each day. Yesterday I ran again for the first time in days and it was a GREAT run. My pace was lower than  it has been in a while. I only wish I could have run further, but I had the dog with me, and I don't want to kill her! So today I am not weighing in and measuring because the last week I struggled so much, I don't want to be discourage by a lack of results. Instead I will weigh in and take measurements on Wednesday and see where I am.

I'm not sure what do do about my running goal, because clearly, I didn't run everyday. But I did run everyday I was physically able. What would you do? I'm still going to continue running the rest of the month, and maybe I'll continue into February as well.

This week, my goals will be to lose 2 lbs. Continue drinking all my water each day, which by the way has gotten even easier lately! To run daily. To workout some form of strength training at least 6 days. Gotta have a day of rest in there somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are starting to feel better!

    I am so glad you didn't fall off the train! Do what you can, you'll be back at it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, I'm so glad you're feeling better :) I think having a realistic goal is super-important when you are (or have been) sick because the emotional roller coaster that being sick can put us on can make it even worse if we don't meet high goals. But you were sick, and you're still on track...talk about a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuck :( Hope you all are doing great by now!

    Hooray for not falling off the bandwagon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job hanging on during the sickness. I am so glad you are feeling better! Big HUGS and love to you!!

    ReplyDelete