Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolution Number Nine

Wow, so much has happened since my last post. I feel as though I haven't been here since last year...oh wait. Yes, I know that was a pretty pathetic attempt at humor, but I had to do it!

So the new year is upon us and I have decided to share with you my New Year's Resolutions. Yes, you read that correctly, there is an "s" at the end of resolution. I have never been one to make resolutions, for fear I would not live up to them, and be left disappointed come December 31st when I realize I have only 4 hours left to meet said resolutions before the ball drops. However, I have come to realize that by never making a commitment to change, I do not change. So I have come up with the following list:

1.  I will run every day in January. I might run a mile, 5 minutes, 5 miles. As long as at some point each day I make an effort to run.
2. I will run 500 miles or more total for the year. I would like this goal to be surpassed, but I know I really struggle to get meaningful runs in during the summer months, so I am trying to be realistic. If I hit 500 miles early in the year I might re-evaluate this goal.
3. I will drink more water every day. I struggle with this. Not because I am drinking bad things ( I drink soda very rarely), I really do love drinking water. I just struggle with drinking enough. Help!
4. I will encourage my children to be more active with me. We will go on more walks, and maybe even short runs.
5. I will spend more time reading to my children.
6. I will listen to more music.
7. I will be more positive. I will find at least  one positive thing in EVERY day.
8. I will learn more sign language.
9. I will be more.

There, now it is here published for all to see and now I am going to have to be accountable for it all! I think my goals are attainable. What are your resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment