Thursday, January 3, 2013

Running in the Rain

Tonight I met up with three other moms to run the causeway. Here in Florida we do not really have any hills, so running the causeway is a great way to add a little oomph to a run. We did 4.44 miles in just under an hour. Not too bad. Two of the girls who came out were new to our local free running group, Moms Run This Town. We had recently been featured in the local newspaper as part of a fitness article; and one of the moms actually found us because of the article! It was really neat.

As we were running I really pushed myself tonight to try and keep up with the intervals my friend usually does. Six minutes running, 30 seconds walking. I like 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking. Um yeah....and this is why I am still struggling! So I decided if I am going to get serious I need to be serious now. So I did pretty well and was able to keep up her intervals about 2/3 of the time. Not bad considering. Hopefully when we meet up again next week I'll be able to stay with it 100% of the time! As we came into the home stretch the light mist I had noticed began to turn into sprinkles and before I knew it I was being pelted with a light rain. It felt so good! I love running in rain like that! It was just cool enough to get you moving a little bit quicker right when I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment