Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Two Weeks Down, Five to Go!

So two weeks ago I embarked on a new journey as a Mamavation Mom. It has been eye opening to say the least! Having my workouts planned out for me each day has been great. Instead of trying to find some way to motivate myself, I simply open my binder to the correct week and see what Mr. BookieBoo has planned for me. The diet plan I am following was prepared for my by Alysa of InspiredRD. We are using the exchange system to measure out portions and plan meals. As much as it was a tad bit confusing at first, I actually really like this method of eating. And I can tell you I am eating more food than I had in a really long time! It's crazy, eat more, weigh less. Who knew! You can follow along with my progress here or here.

This past week has been a flurry of activity. Between all of my Mamavation workouts, Sign language class, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, my photography business, my Thirty-One business, and Bella's eighth birthday, our schedule was jam-packed.  I cannot even begin to describe the joy I will feel when school is out and we can slow down a bit! But not yet, we still have just about 3 weeks left! In that time we have a Relay for Life event, Bella's Dance recital, Cub Scout and Girl Scout activities and events, more sign language classes, and end of the school year events!

I am really excited about our upcoming Relay for Life event. Both my mom's parents lost their battles to cancer, and my husband's Aunt is currently in remission, so this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. I had participated years ago, but hadn't in recent years, so I was thrilled when my local running group decided to have a team. So far we have raised over $2,900 for Relay for Life!! My personal goal was to raise $100, and thus far I am at $85. If you would like to help us out and make a donation you can do so right here. Thanks again for following along and supporting me in my journey! 




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck to you, on both the diet and the race. You're so brave to be part of this program :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been really busy around here too so I know what you mean, but at the same time, good for you for keeping up with your workouts and your diet.

    ReplyDelete