Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week in Review

So this past week was a tougher one than I had imagined. It started out FANTASTIC, and I was very motivated. However...I then hurt my back and was nearly unable to do anything. I did try however, to continue getting some exercise at least. So I am not stepping on the scale today, because I don't want to discourage myself!

I ended up going to the chiropractor at my husband's request. Back pains are something I have been dealing with for years and years now, and he said I just need to get it taken care of. I went in and learned that there are actually three areas of concern in my back. I have issues in my neck, issues in the middle of my back, and some in my lower back. They want to see me 2-3 times a week for the next 4-6 weeks, then they will re-evaluate. After my first adjustment yesterday I was actually able to move and breath again, so that was nice. I went to run the causeway last night, and my friend joined in. She hadn't run in a while, and the air was cold, so we wound up just walking it instead since the cold air was wreaking havoc on her lungs. It felt good to be out though! Tonight I will tackle the causeway again, this time running it and seeing if I can beat last weeks time. I have gotten very very close to running the entire 4.6 miles. Tonight might be the night for that record, but even if it is not, I will still be happy just keeping a good pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment